Side Image

How do I contact an Eco Design Advisor?

Arranging an EDA consultation is easy as - and it's free!

If you're a homeowner, contact your local council to arrange a home visit (if renovating) or plan review (if building). If you're a building professional, contact your local Council to arrange a meeting either at the Council or at your business.

For Auckland, call Adrian Feasey  on 021 891 950 or email  

For Hamilton City, call Ian Mayes on 07 838 6773. Alternatively, you can email Ian at:

For Palmerston North City, call Nelson Lebo on 06 356 8199 or email him at

For Kapiti Coast District, call Richard Morrison on 04 296 4651. Alternatively, you can email Richard at:

For Upper Hutt City, call Martin Barry on 04 5272169 x 743 or email him at Martin offers phone and email advice to Upper Hutt residents.

For Hutt City, call Martin Barry on 04 570 6927 ext 8927, or email Martin at or Greg Street on 04 570 6978, or email Greg at

For Nelson City, call Richard Popenhagen on 03 546 0251. You can email Richard at:

For Christchurch City call Julie Villard on 03 941 6412, or email at

For Dunedin City, call Susan Fairbrother on 03 4743415, or email at 


Is your council not represented here? Check out this summary of the benefits the Eco Design Advice service gives to homeowners and councils. (Thanks to Beacon Pathway for preparing this analysis.) We are taking indications of interest from councils, government agencies and other organisations interested in finding out more about the Eco Design Advice service. If you are interested in engaging an EDA and would like to register your interest in attending the next information session, please email Richard Morrison.